One of the powerful tools in online "email" marketing is to build an opt-in mailing list. An opt-in mailing list is a database of peoples' names and email addresses that have subscribed to an email list via a web form giving that list owner permission to send them periodic emails on the topic they are interested in. The best gift of this powerful tool is the possibility of being able to talk to people who are particularly interested in your product, service or organization.
This gaining popularity of building opt-in mailing list is known as 'Permission Email Marketing'.
There are do's and don'ts in starting your opt-in mailing list. Here are some of the most important tips worth mentioning:
1. Put a subscription form prominently on your website. You can create your own subscription form using a software Sign-Up to's form builder.
2. Inform people that they can subscribe to your email list on the signature of your normal work emails. This will enable it to link straight through the form on your website.
3. Ask people permission if they do want to be subscribed on your mailing list. As much as possible avoid being suspected for SPAM.
4. Open options for subscription especially during your interactions with them. Always be ready with your subscription cards if you run in on events.
5. Be clear on how people can benefit from subscribing and how often will you contact them. Make them know exactly what they will be receiving.
6. If you can, contact new subscriber as soon as you can. Welcome them with notes and tell them what to expect.
1. Add everyone who has ever emailed you to your list. Always ask permission first.
Click here for access to the rest of this article ->